Terms and conditions
Shutdown of operations, malfunctions and reduced services:
Non-use of the ski pass due to poor weather, avalanche danger, systems failures, closure of slopes, unexpected departures etc. are not valid claims for refunds or extension. Using the ski slopes is done at one´s own risk. Subject to changes in operating hours due to snow conditions.
Discounted passes: Photo ID is required for the purchase of discounted passes (bambini, children, youth, seniors and disabled) without exception. There are no further discounts on already discounted passes.
Photo: A photograph is required for passes of 7 days and longer and for season passes. A photo is taken at our ticket counters and is free of charge.
Keycards: Our ski area is fully equipped with a non-contact keycard system. This means that your ski pass will be issued in the form of an electronic keycard. A € 2.00 deposit is charged for each card, which will be refunded upon return of the undamaged keycard at all ticket counters of the Kaunertaler Gletscherbahnen ski lifts or tourist office, swimming pool, sports shop or hotel reception. Lift tickets are verified electronically at all lifts and facilities in the resort. Non-skiers are issued magnetic tickets for single trips, which must be inserted into the appropriate card reader.
Misuse, replacement and extensions:
Ticket inspections are carried out regularly and at random. The ski pass must be shown to lift personnel upon request. Ski passes are issued to individuals and are non-transferable. Any misuse will result in immediate confiscation and a fine equal to a triple daily tariff. We reserve the right to press charges. The subsequent exchange for another ski pass and the extension or postponement of the validity period is not possible.
Mixed price: A mixed price is calculated for ski passes when seasons overlap.
Parking: Parking is free in all our car parks!
Piste rescue: Should you need to be rescued on the slopes, you will be charged by us and required to pay in cash.
Refunds in the event of skiing accidents:
In the event of a skiing accident, money will only be refunded when the ski pass is valid for two days or more. No refunds will be made to accompanying persons. The refund is calculated from the time the ski pass is handed in and not from the day of the accident. A medical certificate from a local doctor must be obtained and presented before any refund can be given.
Ski pass partnerships: The individual services to which the pass entitles you are provided by independent operators. The company selling the pass acts solely as a representative of the other operators. The respective operator is therefore responsible for the provision of these services and for damage claims arising from any unforeseen incidents.
Loss: Lost ski passes will only be replaced upon presentation of a code-blocking receipt (till receipt) and for a processing fee. A replacement keycard must also be paid for.
Choice ski passes: I.e. 6 in 7 means that within seven days, you can ski on six of them. The last valid skiing day will be given on your ski pass.
- Free “Bambini” pass: From day 1, children under 10 years (according to the Bambini definition) ski for free when accompanied by a parent! Only valid for multiple purchases. Not valid for season passes, partnership/combination passes or other discounted tickets. Only sold upon presentation of ID!
- Youth rate: Reduced price on day and multi-day passes (according to the Youth definition). Photo ID is required.
- Group discounts: An employee from the Kaunertal Glacier will gladly provide you with information about group discounts upon written request.
- Advance ticket sales: From 3 pm the previous day at all main ticket counters. The pass can be used from 3 pm the previous day.
- Free infant pass: Children under 6 years go free – travel without ski pass. (according to infant definition)
- Toll fee: For holders of a valid ski pass the toll fee is included; accompanying non-skiers must pay the walker´s toll.
- Pitztal Plus: When you purchase a multi-day pass (valid with min. 6-day ski passes) you get up to 2 days use of the lift facilities on the Pitztal Glacier and the Riffelsee ski area.
- “80+ Promotion”: Senior citizens aged 80 or older ski for free.
- Senior citizens rate: Reduced prices on day and multi-day passes (according to senior citizens definition).
- Ski bus: Holders of a valid ski pass are entitled to use the ski bus free of charge.
- Ski instructors: Reduced prices for ski instructors on the day and multi-day passes. ID with valid annual international IVSI /MoU stamp required. This does not apply to season passes, partnership/combination passes or other already discounted tickets.
- Disablity discount: Normal children´s rate for day and multi-day passes for persons with a disability of min. 60%, ID required; not valid for season passes.
Payment: Cash, ATM cards (Maestro) and credit cards (Visa, Master Card, American Express).
Prices subject to change and errors excepted. All prices in Euro and include VAT. General terms and conditions apply for the purchase of ski passes – jurisdiction in Innsbruck.