on kaunertal glacier.
3 times at 3000 metres – 3 times at the national border Italy & Austria –
3 times descents over 1000 metres in altitude
News from Kaunertal Glacier & Fendels
Skiing and hiking, experience and enjoy: Here you will find current events and news about your visit at Kaunertal Glacier & Fendels.
Online always cheaper - save up to 30%
Falginjochbahn 3,113 m - Winner of the German Design Award 2024
15 - 28 APR // Sunfree Promotional Weeks
Black Ibex // Steepest slope of Austria
4.5 km long natural toboggan run
We are different. Enjoy your vacation on the Kaunertal Glacier.
Skiing area & hiker's paradise.
The nature park and glacier region Kaunertal is different: authentic and cordial, not overcrowded and refreshingly earthy and casual.
Those who come to us will find a charming valley with a scenic ski area that is never overcrowded. Both summer and winter, our guests escape the hustle and bustle of everyday life during their visit to the Kaunertal Glacier in Tyrol and immerse themselves in intact and fascinating nature.
Your time-out already starts on the impressive drive over the Kaunertal Glacier Road. Once you arrive at the top, a varied program awaits you in summer and winter: Snowboarding and skiing on the glacier, extensive ski and mountain tours, freeride paradise, leisurely hiking excursions, gondolas to the Italian state border and much more.
Your favourite ski area -
Kaunertal Glacier Ski Area in Tyrol
- Austria’s most beautiful scenic road, open 365 days a year
- over 55 kilometers of perfectly groomed slopes
- varied descents over 1000 meters of altitude, no draw paths
- limitless mountain freedom with extensive natural snow slopes
- three times directly at the Italian state border at over 3000 meters
- no queuing at the lifts, high transport capacity due to modern lifts
- snow guaranteed from October to May
- secret spot for freeriders with 36 km of freeride variations
- Snowpark Kaunertal with the longest jib line in the Alps – playground for snowboarders & freeskiers
- Funslope right next to the Karlesjochbahn 3,108 m
- 100% barrier-free skiing area
- central restaurant in cozy wooden architecture with mainly regional cuisine
- free ski bus & parking without charge
- Sustainability initiatives steps are constantly being taken to provide a more sustainable and environmentally friendly winter sports experience.
The Kaunertal – a valley with apparent contradictions. It is difficult to describe it, you have to experience it for yourself. A deeply incised high mountain valley that at first glance limits the horizon and yet offers deep insights into a wild natural beauty. The Kaunertal Glacier is nestled in a mountain world with high peaks and boundless views that evoke the irrepressible feeling of freedom and drive and at the same time feel secure and homely.
Kaunertal Glacier- the insider tip for winter sports enthusiasts
55 kilometers of perfectly groomed slopes await you on the Kaunertal Glacier.
Untracked, snow-covered deep snow slopes are waiting to be discovered by freeriders and all those who still want to become one – on 36 km of variants.
The Kaunertal Glacier Road - Your way to the ski area on the glacier
The Kaunertal Glacier Road leads from Feichten directly to the ski area. On the way, you can enjoy the varied natural landscape across all alpine altitudes in a very relaxed way. Arrived at the edge of the glacier at 2,750 meters, in winter you go straight to the ski slope and in summer to one of the numerous beautiful hiking routes.
Snowpark Kaunertal - Snowboard tradition at the Kaunertal Glacier in Tyrol
For over 30 years, the snowboard and freestyle scene has been an established part of the Kaunertal glacier ski area. Events such as the Spring Classics and the Kaunertal Opening at the start of the season have cult status throughout Austria and beyond. The Kaunertal Snowpark invites adventurous winter sports enthusiasts to an action-packed day on the Tyrolean glacier.
Winterberg Fendels - family ski area at the beginning of the Kaunertal
With the Kaunertal Glacier lift ticket you can also use the lifts at Fendels Winter Mountain. The small ski area at the entrance to the Kaunertal is ideal for families. Skiing, snowboarding, tobogganing, winter hiking, night skiing and night tobogganing, as well as cozy hut evenings by the fireplace are part of your winter holiday.
How to get to the Kaunertal
In 90 minutes from Innsbruck comfortably & directly to the slopes of the Kaunertal Glacier: Plan your journey to one of the most beautiful glaciers in Tyrol here and soon enjoy your time out in the natural mountain world in Kaunertal.
Destination station: Zams / Landeck station
How to get from the Zams / Landeck train station to the Kaunertal:
- by public bus
- by taxi (journey takes about 25 minutes)
- Shuttle service from the hotel – depending on the agreement with the respective accommodation provider