Kaunertal, SEP 2023
Content of Contract
- The purchase of a valid ticket is a necessary prerequisite for the use of the services of the mountain railways. This ticket entitles the holder to use the areas open at any given time (cable car facilities, slopes, Kaunertal Glacier Road, cross-country ski trails, ski touring park, snow park, etc.).
- The customer acknowledges that it is his/her duty to comply with the FIS rules and to behave considerately towards other customers and the staff of the cable cars, in particular not to endanger the physical safety of other persons.
- Furthermore, the customer must comply with the instructions of the cableway staff, as these serve the safety of the customers and the orderliness of the cableway operation.
- Children Free Ticket: Children under 6 years are free – Transportation without a lift ticket. Children under 8 years – ID required – get a free ticket (not valid for season tickets, partnership/combination tickets or other already discounted tickets).
Service fee 2,00 EUR
- Group Discounts: An employee from the Kaunertal Glacier Lift Company (Kaunertaler Gletscherbahnen) will gladly provide you with information about group discounts upon written request.
- Ski Instructors: Ski instructors receive a discount of 10% on the normal fare on day and multi-day tickets (ID with valid annual international IVSI stamp required). (not valid for season tickets, partnership/combination tickets or other already discounted tickets).
- Disability Discount: Normal children’s rates for persons with a disability of min. 60% – ID required; not valid for season tickets.
- Adcance Ticket Sales : From 3 pm the previous day at all main ticket counters. The ticket can be used from 3 pm.
- Toll Fee: Owner of a valid ski pass pay no toll; non-skiers traveling with them pay the person toll
- Pitztal Plus: When you purchase a multi-day ticket (valid for min. 2 days) you get up to 1 day use of the lift facilities on the Pitztal Glacier, Rifflsee OR Nauders cable cars.
- Skibus: For the holders of a valid ski pass, the ride on the ski bus is free
Skipassinfo A – Z
- Shutdown of operations, malfunctions and reduced service:
Non-use of the ski pass due to poor weather conditions, avalanche danger, systems failure, closure of slopes, unexpected depar tures etc. are not valid claims for refunds or extensions. Using the ski slopes is done at one’s own risk. Subject to changes in operating hours due to snow conditions.
- We would like to inform you that the use of the Season or Annual Pass is subject to compliance with the legal requirements applicable and to be observed at the time, that these requirements may change at any time and that this use may therefore be restricted, reduced or not possible at all during certain periods.
- Discounted Passes: Photo ID is required for the purchase of discounted passes (children, youths and disabled) without exception. There are no further discounts on already discounted passes.
a)The ticks are issued on a contactless data medium (no deposit card). The data carriers are reusable and rechargeable. In the interest of sustainable use, the data carriers can be returned to us at the cash desks or in the letterboxes provided for recycling.
b)At the time of purchase, depending on the card type, the first name, surname, date of birth and a photograph are recorded by a digital camera.
c)This data carrier may not be transferred to third parties for their use.
- Card control is carried out electronically at all cableways and facilities in the ski area. Single rides for non-skiers are issued as a voucher with QR code and must be scanned at the specially provided reading stations.
- Online purchase:
The customer’s online order requires the complete and correct entry of all mandatory fields in the booking screen as well as the acceptance of the General Terms and Conditions by means of the application provided in the booking screen. Incorrect information may lead to the cancellation of the ticket without substitution and to exclusion from carriage. The customer is obliged to notify any changes to his contact details (name, residential address, e-mail address) without delay.
- Missue, replacement and extensions: Ticket inspections are carried out regularly and at random. The ski passes are subject to an access control system with photo control. Here, at the turnstiles, photos of the guests are taken on a case-by-case basis, which are randomly compared by our staff with the comparison photos. The photos are deleted after the validity period of the ski pass has expired. The ski pass must be shown to lift personnel upon request. Ski passes are issued to individuals and are non-transferable. Any missuse will result in immediate confiscation and a fine equal to a triple daily tariff. We reserve
the right to press charges. The subsequent exchange for another ski pass and extension or postponement of the validity period is not possible.
- The ski passes are personal and non-transferable. Any misuse will result in immediate confiscation and will be charged three times the ski pass price. In the unauthorised use of the ski pass, the right is reserved – provided that the legal requirements are met – reserve the right to file a complaint.
- It is not possible to change the ski pass for another ski pass at a later date or to extend or postpone the period of validity.
- Parking: Parking is free in all our car parks!
- Piste Rescue: Should you need to be rescued on the slopes, you will be charged by us and required to pay in cash.
- Refunds in the event of skiing accidents: Refunds for skiing accidents are only possible if the ski pass is valid for at least two further days. This does not apply to accompanying persons. The refund is calculated from the time the ski pass is handed in and not from the day of the accident. A medical certificate from a local doctor must be obtained and presented before any refund can be given. A processing fee will be deducted.
- Skipasspartnerships: The individual services to which the pass entitles you are provided by independent operators. The company selling the pass acts solely as a representative of the other operators. The respective operator is therefore responsible for the provision of these services and for damage claims arising from any unforeseen incidents.
- Loss: Lost ski passes will only be replaced upon presentation of a code-blocking receipt (till receipt) and for a processing fee. The value of the lost chipcard will not be reimbursed.
- Choice skipass: e.g. ‘6 in 7’ means that you can ski for 6 days within 7 days. The last valid skiing day will be printed on the ski pass.
- Hours of operation: Lifts run between 9 am – 4 pm
- Ticket counters and opening hours: tollgate/ticket counter 7am – 5 pm (daily, also Sunday and public holidays), ticket counter at the middle lift station in FENDELS and ticket counter at bottom station RIED: 9 am – 4 pm (during the winter and summer operating hours of the Fendler Bergbahnen). We kindly ask you to remember that lift passes or toll tickets for the Glacier and Glacier Road are ONLY available at the tollgate/ticket counter in the valley.
- Payment: Cash, ATM cards (Maestro) and credit cards (Visa, Master Card, American Express)
- Start of season and end: depending on snow conditions; www.kaunertaler-gletscher.at
- Price change, errors excepted; all prices incl. taxes. For the purchase of ski passes the terms and conditions apply – jurisdiction Innsbruck
- Disclaimer: The Kaunertaler Gletscherbahnen GmbH are not liable – except for personal injury – for damage, as far as the damage is not due to intentional or grossly negligent behavior of Kaunertal Gletscherbahnen GmbH, their legal representatives or their agents and the damage causing behavior is not the Kaunertal Gletscherbahnen GmbH concerning the main obligations arising from the concluded contract. This disclaimer of liability does not apply to completely unforeseeable or atypical damages
- Grazing Cattle: The entire Kaunertal Glacier Road, as well as all the stopping facilities along the road are located in the pasture area. The Kaunertal Gletscherbahnen GmbH assumes no liability for damage (especially vehicle damage) caused by grazing livestock. This exclusion of liability also applies in particular to parked vehicles, regardless of whether they are parked on marked parking spaces or along the Kaunertal Glacier Road.
- Terms and conditions: With the purchase of the ski pass the guest gives his agreement to the terms and conditions.