General terms of contract
We would like to point out that the use of the season or annual ticket is linked to compliance with the applicable legal requirements that you must observe, that these requirements can change at any time and that this use is therefore only restricted for you, reduced or not possible at all in certain periods of time.
Kaunertal, SEP 2022
- SHUTDOWN OF OPERATIONS, MALFUNCTIONS AND REDUCED SERVICE:
Non-use of the ski pass due to poor weather conditions, avalanche danger, systems failure, closure of slopes, unexpected depar tures etc. are not valid claims for refunds or extensions. Using the ski slopes is done at one’s own risk. Subject to changes in operating hours due to snow conditions.
- DISCOUNTED PASSES: Photo ID is required for the purchase of discounted passes (children, youths and disabled) without exception. There are no fur ther discounts on already discounted passes.
- CHIPCARD: Our ski area is fully equipped with a non-contact chipcard system. This means that your ski pass will be issued in the form of an electronic chipcard. The card fee is 2,- EUR & can not be refunded. If a chipcard is already available when purchasing a ski ticket, it can be charged & there is no need to buy another chipcard. Lifttickets are verified electronically at all lifts and facilities in the resort. Non-skiers get a voucher with QR code. This Code must be scanned at the specially designated reading stations.
- MISSUSE, REPLACEMENT AND EXTENSIONS: Ticket inspections are carried out regularly and at random. The ski passes are subject to an access control system with photo control. Here, at the turnstiles, photos of the guests are taken on a case-by-case basis, which are randomly compared by our staff with the comparison photos. The photos are deleted after the validity period of the ski pass has expired. The ski pass must be shown to lif t personnel upon request. Ski passes are
issued to individuals and are non-transferable. Any missuse will result in immediate confiscation and a fine equal to a triple daily tariff. We reserve
the right to press charges. The subsequent exchange for another ski pass and extension or postponement of the validity period is not possible.
- PARKING: Parking is free in all our car parks!
- PISTE RESCUE: Should you need to be rescued on the slopes, you will be charged by us and required to pay in cash.
- REFUNDS IN THE EVENT OF SKIING ACCIDENTS: Refunds for skiing accidents are only possible if the ski pass is valid for at least two further days. This does not apply to accompanying persons. The refund is calculated from the time the ski pass is handed in and not from the day of the accident. A medical certificate from a local doctor must be obtained and presented before any refund can be given. A processing fee will be deducted.
- SKIPASSPARTNERSHIPS: The individual services to which the pass entitles you are provided by independent operators. The company selling the pass acts solely as a representative of the other operators. The respective operator is therefore responsible for the provision of these services and for damage claims arising from any unforeseen incidents. For annual and season tickets, personal data will be stored until revoked.
- LOSS: Lost ski passes will only be replaced upon presentation of a code-blocking receipt (till receipt) and for a processing fee. A replacement chipcard must also be paid for.
- CHOICE SKI PASS: E.g. 6 in 7 means that you can ski for 6 days within 7 days. The last valid skiing day will be printed on the ski pass.
- CHILDREN FREE TICKET: Children under 6 years are free – Transportation without a lift ticket. Children under 8 years – ID required – get a free ticket (not valid for season tickets, partnership/combination tickets or other already discounted tickets).
- GROUP DISCOUNTS: An employee from the Kaunertal Glacier Lift Company (Kaunertaler Gletscherbahnen) will gladly provide you with information about group discounts upon written request.
- SKI INSTRUCTORS: Ski instructors receive a discount of 10% on the normal fare on day and multi-day tickets (ID with valid annual international IVSI stamp required).
- DISABILITY DISCOUNT: Normal children’s rates for persons with a disability of min. 60% – ID required; not valid for season tickets.
- ADVANCE TICKET SALES: From 3 pm the previous day at all main ticket counters. The ticket can be used from 3 pm.
- TOLL FEE: Owner of a valid ski pass pay no toll; non-skiers traveling with them pay the person toll
- PITZTAL PLUS: When you purchase a multi-day ticket (valid for min. 2 days) you get up to 1 day use of the lift facilities on the Pitztal Glacier and the Rif flsee cable cars.
- SKIBUS: For the holders of a valid ski pass, the ride on the ski bus is free.
- HOURS OF OPERATION: Lifts run between 9 am – 4 pm
- TICKET COUNTERS AND OPENING HOURS: tollgate/ticket counter 7am – 5 pm (daily, also Sunday and public holidays), ticket counter at the middle lift station in FENDELS and ticket counter at bottom station RIED: 9 am – 4 pm (during the winter and summer operating hours of the Fendler Bergbahnen). We kindly ask you to remember that lift passes or toll tickets for the Glacier and Glacier Road are ONLY available at the tollgate/ticket counter in the valley.
- PAYMENT: Cash, ATM cards (Maestro) and credit cards (Visa, Master Card, American Express)
- START OF SEASON AND END depending on snow conditions; www.kaunertaler-gletscher.at
- PRICE CHANGE, errors excepted; all prices incl. taxes. For the purchase of ski passes the terms and conditions apply – jurisdiction Innsbruck
- DISCLAIMER: The Kauner taler Gletscherbahnen GmbH are not liable – except for personal injury – for damage, as far as the damage is not due to intentional or grossly negligent behavior of Kaunertal Gletscherbahnen GmbH, their legal representatives or their agents and the damage causing behavior is not the Kauner tal Gletscherbahnen GmbH concerning the main obligations arising from the concluded contract. This disclaimer of liability does not apply to completely unforeseeable or atypical damages.
- GRAZING CATTLE: The entire Kaunertal Glacier Road, as well as all the stopping facilities along the road are located in the pasture area. The Kaunertal Gletscherbahnen GmbH assumes no liability for damage (especially vehicle damage) caused by grazing livestock. This exclusion of liability also applies in particular to parked vehicles, regardless of whether they are parked on marked parking spaces or along the Kaunertal Glacier Road.
- TERMS AND CONDITIONS: With the purchase of the ski pass the guest gives his agreement to the terms and conditions.