General terms of contract
SHUTDOWN OF OPERATIONS, MALFUNCTIONS AND REDUCED SERVICE:
Non-use of the ski pass due to poor weather conditions, avalanche danger, systems failure, closure of slopes, officially ordered blocks or closings, epidemics, pandemics, blocking of borders, unexpected departures etc. are not valid claims for refunds or extensions. Using the ski slopes is done at one’s own risk. Subject to changes in operating hours due to snow conditions.
DISCOUNTED PASSES: Photo ID is required for the purchase of discounted passes (children, youths, seniors and disabled) without exception. There are no further discounts on already discounted passes.
KEYCARDS: Our ski area is fully equipped with a non-contact keycard system. This means that your ski pass will be issued in the form of an electronic keycard. € 2.00 deposit is charged for each card, which will be refunded upon return of the undamaged keycard at all ticket counters of the Kaunertaler Gletscherbahnen ski lifts or tourist office, swimming pool, sports shop or hotel reception. Lift tickets are verified electronically at all lifts and facilities in the resort. Non-skiers are issued magnetic tickets for single trips, which must be inserted into the appropriate card readers.
MISSUSE, REPLACEMENT AND EXTENSIONS: Ticket inspections are carried out regularly and at random. The ski pass must be shown to lift personnel upon request. Ski passes are issued to individuals and are non-transferable. Any missuse will result in immediate confiscation and a fine equal to a triple daily tariff. We reserve the right to press charges. The subsequent exchange for another ski pass and extension or postponement of the validity period is not possible.
MIXED PRICE: A mixed price is calculated for ski passes when seasons overlap.
PARKING: Parking is free in all our car parks!
PISTE RESCUE: Should you need to be rescued on the slopes, you will be charged by us and required to pay in cash.
REFUNDS IN THE EVENT OF SKIING ACCIDENTS: Refunds for skiing accidents are only possible if the ski pass is valid for at least two further days. This does not apply to accompanying persons. The refund is calculated from the time the ski pass is handed in and not from the day of the accident. A medical certificate from a local doctor must be obtained and presented before any refund can be given.
SKIPASSPARTNERSHIPS: The individual services to which the pass entitles you are provided by independent operators. The company selling the pass acts solely as a representative of the other operators. The respective operator is therefore responsible for the provision of these services and for damage claims arising from any unforeseen incidents.
LOSS: Lost ski passes will only be replaced upon presentation of a code-blocking receipt (till receipt) and for a processing fee. The value of the lost keycard will not be reimbursed.
CHOICE SKI PASS: e.g. ‘6 in 7’ means that you can ski for 6 days within 7 days. The last valid skiing day will be printed on the ski pass.
- CHILDREN FREE TICKET: Children under 6 years are free – Transportation without a lift ticket. Children under 8 years – ID required – get a free ticket (not valid for season tickets, partnership/combination tickets or other already discounted tickets).
- SENIOR DISCOUNTS: 10% discount for seniors born 1954 and older – ID required. Does not apply to season tickets and discounted tickets. 80 Plus Action: Seniors from the age of 80 ride for free!
- GROUP DISCOUNTS: An employee from the Kaunertal Glacier Lift Company (Kaunertaler Gletscherbahnen) will gladly provide you with information about group discounts upon written request.
- SKI INSTRUCTORS: Ski instructors pay normal children’s rates on day and multi-day tickets (ID with valid annual international IVSI or MOU stamp required).
- DISABILITY DISCOUNT: Normal children’s rates for persons with a disability of min. 60% – ID required; not valid for season tickets.
- ADVANCE TICKET SALES: From 3 pm the previous day at all main ticket counters. The ticket can be used from 3 pm.
- TOLL FEE: Owner of a valid ski pass pay no toll; non-skiers traveling with them pay the person toll
- PITZTAL PLUS: When you purchase a multi-day ticket (valid for min. 6 days) you get up to 2-day use of the lift facilities on the Pitztal Glacier and the Rifflsee cable cars.
- SKIBUS: For the holders of a valid ski pass, the ride on the ski bus is free
- HOURS OF OPERATION: Lifts run between 9 am – 4 pm
- TICKET COUNTERS AND OPENING HOURS: tollgate/ticket counter 7am – 5 pm (daily, also Sunday and public holidays), ticket counter at the middle lift station in FENDELS and ticket counter at bottom station RIED: 9 am – 4 pm (during the winter and summer operating hours of the Fendler Bergbahnen). We kindly ask you to remember that lift passes or toll tickets for the Glacier and Glacier Road are ONLY available at the tollgate/ticket counter in the valley.
- PAYMENT: Cash, ATM cards (Maestro) and credit cards (Visa, Master Card, American Express)
- START OF SEASON AND END depending on snow conditions; www.kaunertaler-gletscher.at
- PRICE CHANGE, errors excepted; all prices incl. taxes. For the purchase of ski passes the terms and conditions apply – jurisdiction Innsbruck
- DISCLAIMER: The Kaunertaler Gletscherbahnen GmbH are not liable – except for personal injury – for damage, as far as the damage is not due to intentional or grossly negligent behavior of Kaunertal Gletscherbahnen GmbH, their legal representatives or their agents and the damage causing behavior is not the Kaunertal Gletscherbahnen GmbH concerning the main obligations arising from the concluded contract. This disclaimer of liability does not apply to completely unforeseeable or atypical damages that could not be expected of the contractual partner of Kaunertaler Gletscherbahnen GmbH.
- GRAZING CATTLE: The entire Kaunertal Glacier Road, as well as all the stopping facilities along the road are located in the pasture area. The Kaunertal Gletscherbahnen GmbH assumes no liability for damage (especially vehicle damage) caused by grazing livestock. This exclusion of liability also applies in particular to parked vehicles, regardless of whether they are parked on marked parking spaces or along the Kaunertal Glacier Road.