With the Karlesjochbahn to the three-country view
Effortlessly, comfortably and barrier-free you float with the Karlesjochbahn on the Kaunertal Glacier to an altitude of 3,108 meters. There you will find the viewing platform “Three Country View”, which offers you a fantastic view of the highest peaks in Austria, Italy and Switzerland. The impressive mountain panorama is one of the most beautiful in the entire alpine region.
You can find all information about the Karlesjoch in Kaunertal here.
Crossing the state border at Karlesjoch
The Karlesjoch in the Kaunertal valley is a special place: It almost has something to do with quantum mechanics when you find yourself up here in Italy and Austria at the same time. How does that work? Quite simply: the national border passes right through the middle of the platform on the Karlesjoch. This means that you can have one foot in Austria and one foot in Italy at the same time and still look out over the Swiss mountains.
Karlesjochbahn: Opening times
The Dreiländerblick at the Kaunertal Karlesjoch can be visited at any time of the year, but is a must on the excursion list especially in summer. The opening hours of the Viewing plattform depend on those of the Karlesjochbahn – an overview of the operating times of all Cable cars can be found here:
For your visit to the Three-country view you only need a ticket for the ascent and, if necessary, the descent with the Karlesjochbahn. In addition, there is the toll for the glacier road. In winter all costs are included in the ski pass. You can find current summer prices in our overview:
Barrier-free to the viewing platform Dreiländerblick
The Kaunertal Scenic Road enables a barrier-free journey to the valley station of the Karlesjochbahn. Once at the top, the handicapped accessible viewing platform connects directly to the top station. This means that families with strollers, people with walking disabilities and wheelchair users can easily reach the Dreiländerblick and enjoy the surrounding mountains at 3,108 meters.
Accessibility is also a top priority at the glacier:
More highlights around the border triangle in the Kaunertal
In addition to the view of three countries, the glacier has even more unique experiences in store for you.
- Even the approach itself is worth seeing: The Kaunertal Glacier Road leads through all 6 alpine altitude levels and thus through the entire natural and plant diversity of the Alps.
- At the glacier parking lot at the valley station Karlesjochbahn you can additionally venture into the eternal ice and explore the walkable glacier crevasse.
- The glacier tongue of the Gepatschferner can also be viewed wonderfully from above – after a gentle 30-minute hike to the picturesque Seeles lakes.
- And before you start the way back over the glacier road, we recommend a stop in the surrounding restaurants, huts and alpine pastures. In a cozy atmosphere you can end your day here.
How to get to the viewpoint at Karlesjoch
In 90 minutes from Innsbruck to the three-country view in the Kaunertal valley: plan your journey to the popular viewing point on the glacier directly here!
Zielbahnhof: Bahnhof Zams/Landeck.
So kommt man vom Bahnhof Zams/Landeck ins Kaunertal:
- mit dem öffentlichen Bus
- mit dem Taxi (Fahrt dauert ca. 25 Minuten)
- Shuttlesrvice vom Hotel – je nach Vereinbarung mit jeweiligem Unterkunftsgeber