The Kaunertal Glacier - a place for original thinkers
The Kaunertal Glacier lies at the end of the valley, embedded in a mountain world with more than thirty 3000m high peaks. The Kaunertal Glacier Road runs from the tranquil village of Feichten straight to the centre of the ski area and directly to the pistes. The ascent to the glacier ski area is already an experience itself: for a short time you can escape civilisation and dive into a winter wonderland with wide snow-secure pistes, untracked powder slopes and the shredtastic Snowpark Kaunertal. Forget crowded pistes and long queues – time slows down up here on the glacier.
No need to worry about lack of facilities though – the ski area even has free wifi!
Once you come to Kaunertal you are hooked – skiers, snowboarders and freeskiers, but also freeriders and ski tourers – can’t help but return to ‘their’ glacier.
So they always come back to Kaunertal – to ‘their’ glacier:
Skiers, snowboarders and freeskiers, and even freeriders and ski tourers. Winter holidays in Kaunertal in the Tyrol with your family and friends are relaxed but still active and adventurous. The ski pass gives you access to two ski areas: the Kaunertal Glacier and the Fendels Winterberg. The Fendels ski area is located at the entrance to the valley, and is popular with families due to its cosy nature and easy connection to the villages of Ried in the Oberinntal and Fendels.
- Snow secure from October to May
- Ski runs on wide glacier slopes; no queuing at the lifts
- 32.5 prepared pistes, 30 km of natural ski routes, 138 hectares of skiable area
- Snowpark Kaunertal: the best setup in the Alps in autumn and spring for snowboarders and freeskiers
- Events with cult status: Kaunertal Opening and Spring Classics
- Ski area is accessible to all – awarded the EDEN-Award for accessibility
- Free Wi-Fi in the restaurants
- Starting point for popular ski tours, such as the Glockturm or Weißseespitze
- The lift tickets for the Kaunertal Glacier are also valid at Fendels Winterberg
- Pitztaler Glacier and Rifflsee ski area are also included in ski passes from 6 days
- Children up to the age of 8 ski travel for free
- Senior citizens from 80 years travel for free
- Toll is included in the ski pass
- Seasonal prices on the day pass
- Free ski bus and parking