The Kaunertal Glacier - a true hideaway place
The Kaunertal Glacier lies at the end of the valley, embedded in a mountain world with more than thirty 3000m high peaks. The Kaunertal Glacier Road runs from the tranquil village of Feichten straight to the centre of the ski area and directly to the pistes. The ascent to the glacier ski area is already an experience itself: for a short time you can escape civilisation and dive into a winter wonderland with wide snow-secure pistes, untracked powder slopes and the shredtastic Snowpark Kaunertal. Forget crowded pistes and long queues – time slows down up here on the glacier.
No need to worry about lack of facilities though – the ski area even has free wifi!
Once you come to Kaunertal you are hooked – skiers, snowboarders and freeskiers, but also freeriders and ski tourers – can’t help but return to ‘their’ glacier.
The Kaunertal Glacier - a real insider tip for many winter sports activities!
Due to the vastness of the Kaunertal glacier, every winter sportsman has a variety of possibilities to spend his winter vacation. Skiing on wide natural snow slopes, freeriding in one of the best areas in the Ötztal Alps, ski touring or freestyling and shredding in the Kaunertal Snowpark.
NEW from Winter 2021: Weißseejoch gondola 3.044 m
The new Weißseejoch gondola will significantly improve the range of comfortable lifts and new slopes in the glacier ski area.
From the coming winter season you will find 50 kilometers of perfectly groomed slopes on the Kaunertal Glacier!
Are you brave enough for the Black Ibex?
The steepest slope in Europe – the Black Ibex with 87.85% gradient is steeper than the Streif in Kitzbühel!
The Snowpark Kaunertal is playground for all freestylers
The Park ground has a diverse and progressive lineup of terrain elements to challenge and inspire any level of skier or rider – here you will find the longest jibline of the Alps and the nature run.
My Kaunertal - all advantages at a glance
- Snow secure from October to May
- Ski runs on wide glacier slopes; no queuing at the lifts
- 50 prepared pistes, 36 km of natural ski routes, 138 hectares of skiable area
- Snowpark Kaunertal: the best setup in the Alps in autumn and spring for snowboarders and freeskiers
- Events with cult status: Kaunertal Opening and Spring Classics
- Ski area is accessible to all – awarded the EDEN-Award for accessibility
- Free Wi-Fi in the restaurants
- Starting point for popular ski tours, such as the Glockturm or Weißseespitze
- The lift tickets for the Kaunertal Glacier are also valid at Fendels Winterberg
- Pitztaler Glacier and Rifflsee ski area are also included in ski passes from 6 days
- Children up to the age of 8 ski travel for free
- Senior citizens from 80 years travel for free
- Toll is included in the ski pass
- Seasonal prices on the day pass
- Free ski bus and parking